South Central Unicorn Users Group Conference
October 11-12, 2007 Little Rock, Arkansas
The 6th annual meeting of the South Central Unicorn Users Group will be held
on October 12, 2007 at the Holiday Inn - Presidential in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Two half-day optional preconference sessions are planned for October 11, 2007.
Thursday afternoon tour of the Clinton Presidential Library, October 11, 2007.
South Central Unicorn Users Group invites Horizon clients to join us for this conference.
- Registration for the conference has closed.
- Make payment by check, purchase order or Paypal by 9/19/07
(contact email@example.com if you need a special payment arrangement)
- SCUUG W-9
Conference Preview & Preconference Topics
- NEW Thursday Afternoon Event - Clinton Presidential Library Tour
- A group tour of the Clinton Presidential Library is available on Thursday, October 11 at 3:00 PM. With a group of 20 or more admission is $5 each or $8 each with audio tour. With fewer than 20, $7 each or $10 each with audio tour. See a tour brochure [pdf]
- If you are interested in participating in the Clinton Presidential Library Tour, please reply to ClintonTour@scuug.us. Payment will be collected on day of tour.
- Conference Presentations - October 12
- Program available here
- Topics include E-reserves, Automated Ordering, E-book title loads and authentication for remote use, Using Government Information, CREW Method for Weeding, Using Adobe Captivate to Animate Training and Bibliographic Instruction, SirsiDynix-delivered presentations and more.
- October 11
- Two half-day preconference sessions presented on October 11 by David Bavousett of the Abilene Library Consortium
- Each half-day session is just $35 or attend both for $50
- Preconference attendance is limited to first 40 paid registrations for each session. Registrations received after the spaces are filled will be returned.
- The preconferences will be held in the Liberty Room at the Holiday Inn-Presidential
- Please be advised that to keep the preconference cost low, no refreshments or meals are included
- Advanced Serials Preconference - 8:30 - 11:30 AM - In this half-day session, we'll take a hard look at Unicorn Serials,
first examining the underlying database structures that make it work,
then examining typical workflow for development of patterns and
chronologies, and regular checkin operations. The bulk of our time will
be spent on maintenance and error-correction in MARC Holdings. As of 9/4, spaces still available.
- Reports Preconference - 1:00 - 4:00 PM - System admins get asked occasionally if Unicorn reporting is supposed
to be so painful. It's not! During this session, we'll take a look
under the hood on Unicorn's reporting system, and see what makes it
tick. We'll spend time on the various selection tools present in
Unicorn reporting, how to read logs and have them make sense, and still
have time for your specific report issues, so bring them! We'll finish
with a quick discussion of how to create good problem statements to help
your local API programmer create the best reports for you! As of 9/4/07, spaces still available. Due to unprecedented demand for this preconference, we have again increased capacity. Just a few spaces remain. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about current space availability.
--Holiday Inn - Presidential
- As of 9/6/07, the hotel reports that nearly all the rooms in our block have been taken and they are unable to increase the number of rooms. The Comfort Inn, nearest hotel to the conference, is also booked up. If you need help locating a room, contact Merry and we'll try to assist you.
(501) 375-2100, or (866) 900-7625, and be sure to tell them you're with South Central Unicorn Users Group!
- Rooms at $76 per night plus tax (11.5%)
- View the Holiday Inn-Presidential's video tour
Nearby Attractions (distances from Holiday Inn - Presidential)