Call for Participation
The South Central Unicorn Users' Group will hold its' annual conference on October 12 in Ft. Worth, TX at the Riley Center at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
SCUUG is now welcoming proposals for user presentations.
Suggestions on desired topics are also welcomed.
Submit a presentation proposal
Suggest a presentation topic
Contact the chair-elect/conference chair with a question or suggestion
We welcome proposals for sessions on any aspect of using and managing Symphony / Unicorn and Horizon systems, other SirsiDynix products, and even broader issues related to information technology in libraries.
Presenters needed for these presentation topic suggestions submitted by members and past attendees including:
BookMyne – installation or usage
- Dealing with the netlibrary migration to Ebsco
- Integrating non-SirsiDynix discovery tools with Symphony/Horizon
- RDA implementation (possible panel discussion)
- SirsiDynix for mobile devices (besides BookMyne)
- Customizing the user interface/OPAC
- SIRSI developments/improvements
- Efficient use of Smartport
- Smartport vs. bibload import with load template
- Reports / using reports for collection development or fund accounting.
- Evaluating new resources - how to extract ISBN's from a potential resource & run them against SIRSI
- Authority control
- RDA implementation in Symphony
- Using macros for database maintenance
- Global editing
- Director’s Station
- Gathering Statistics using Symphony
- Making Symphony & EBSCO Linksource play nice together (to their full potential)
Thanks in advance for your help in making SCUUG 2012 a big success!